Great Guys Moving helps you find licensed full service movers who specialize in small load moves for cross-country or local moving. Whether you need a moving company for moving a refurbished piano you bought on eBay, a few household appliances, an assortment of furniture, or the contents of a tiny studio apartment, our movers can help. Instead of renting a truck or storage container and moving the load yourself, you can quickly arrange services through a local or nationwide mover for this type of small long distance move. Small shipment or one item moving companies consolidate your belongings with other transfers to fill the truck, save on fuel, and cut down on costs and can work with you on price even if you only need to hire movers to move one item. These specialty service movers for small moves weigh your things to determine your total moving expense, so you only pay for what you ship. We make it easy to find cheap, reliable cross country small load movers! Compare your moving company options today.
Cheap Small Job Movers
Many normal moving companies don’t handle these mini-moves/small moves because it’s more lucrative for a company to relocate 3-4-bedroom homes and large offices. So, when you first start looking, tracking down a mover to handle small local moving jobs (like a few pieces of furniture) might seem tricky. Great Guys taps into an entire nationwide network of movers for small moves, helping you obtain quotes from licensed, insured moving company professionals that perform this type of move. No matter what type of moving service you’re looking for, we know the right company to help.
What Is A Small Load Move?
In the moving company industry, a small load move is any move under 2000-lbs. For residential small moves, a studio or 1-bedroom apartment typically qualifies as a small move. Small load movers also ship household appliances, hot tubs, pianos, safes, furniture, and other items. Small moves could also include the typical dorm or college student move. Ultimately, if the cumulative weight of the shipment is less than one ton, then it’s considered a small load. Get a free free quote from our full-service professional movers that specialize in small moves today!
How Much Do Small Moves Cost?
Local small moves can cost anywhere from $200-$500 on the low-end for a local in town move (see what your move will cost). Even if you only have a few belongings, you’ll likely run up against a company’s required minimums. You may only be moving a single couch down a flight of stairs, but the company needs to cover the cost of sending their employees across town with a truck to complete the move. Be sure to ask about the minimum cost, size of crew, or hours billed when getting quotes from short distance movers.
State to state small moves can be completed for as little as $999, but will likely depend on how popular of a moving route you’re taking. If the location you’re moving to is a popular destination, a mover will have an easier time filling empty space on the truck. The process isn’t quite as easy if you only have a few boxes to move across the country to a tiny town off the major highway route.
Additional services that can increase the price of the move:
- Professional packing service: At the more expensive price range, this service would entail a team spending an entire day packing all of the contents and belongings 100% for you. A cheaper, but worthwhile service is having the crew properly pack expensive artwork, TVs, china cabinets, or other antiques. “Packing services” can be a variety of things, so be sure to check on how the service you want impacts the price. Will the company send a single mover to your home, or an entire team to complete the job of packing your belongings?
- Flights of stairs: This should be somewhat obvious, but it’s a “hidden cost” that catch many by surprise. These types of moves will cost more. If your place is on the 4th floor and doesn’t have an elevator, the job of moving your furniture and other belongings to or from the truck is difficult and time consuming. Expect to pay the mover a premium.
- Difficult parking location: If the areas to park the truck are limited, the mover will need to spend more time carrying your belongings which increases the difficulty and time required for the work to be completed.
How To Calculate Shipment Weight For A Small Move?
Getting an extremely precise estimate of how much all of the items in your house weigh is better left to a moving professional with a well-trained eye. That being said, getting a rough estimate of your small move shipment is essay enough to do yourself. Here are some ways to do it yourself: Take measurements of the object you’re moving. For example, if your refrigerator measures 3 feet x 2.5 feet x 6 feet, that’s 45 cubic feet. Most moving companies estimate the weight of household objects at 7 lbs per cubic foot. Therefore, the estimated weight of the fridge is 315 lbs (45 cubic feet x 7 pounds per cubic foot). The only real way to know is to weigh the truck at a registered truck stop with a specialty scale (which is usually not necessary).
Alternatively, you may estimate approximately 1500-lbs of stuff per room in your home. If you live in a small apartment with minimal furniture, or you’re just moving one small bedroom, the move is probably just under 2000-lbs and would qualify as a small move.
Benefits Of Getting Quotes
Let Great Guys help with your small move! Here are some of the best reasons to move with us:
- Free Quote Process: The quote process is painless and straightforward! Just submit your information using the form, and we’ll have movers reach out to you.
- Easy to Compare Rates: Great Guys allows you to compare quotes from up to four moving companies. We make sure the movers who contact you service small moves near you.
- Consolidated Shipping Saves Money: Using consolidated shipping saves time and money on your move. You pay by the actual shipping weight that goes onto the box truck.
- Professional, Trained, Full Service Movers + Equipment: With Great Guys, you get the benefit of professional movers who are trained to handle moves of all kinds. Plus, these moving professionals come equipped with all the necessary tools to make a move easy.
- Experts at Shipping Specialty Items: Often, customers need assistance with a one-item specialty move. Our movers are qualified to move a variety of bulky specialty items, including upright and grand-piano moves, moving large appliances, hot tubs, and more. Whether you need traditional furniture deliveries, just some small office furniture, or a gigantic yard statue, we can help!
- Licensed and Insured: We only connect you with real movers who are licensed and insured to perform moves. You’ll be paired with the right company for the right job!
- Long Distance Movers: Small load movers come in especially handy when you need to ship a few things across the country. We help you find reliable long distance moving services!
- Full-Service Pick Up: Arrange for a full-service pick-up, and the moving crew will do the packing services and crating for you. Sit back and relax while a professional moving team provides the furniture pads and other equipment necessary to get your items to your new home.
How Do I Get Started With A Small Move?
Now’s the time to book your small load move and get the reliable services of a trusted professional! Need to move ASAP? Not a problem, our last minute moving help is here to save the day. To get started with the quote process, just fill out the form at the top of this page.